Home service professionals have got it tough. They are doing work that is often grueling and dirty. They work hard, they get paid decent, but they don’t seem to get a thank you for their hard work in the form of a tip. In a recent poll, it was found that the vast majority of people didn’t think home service professionals should be tipped. The profession that was most likely to receive a tip was maids, with 28 per cent thinking they should be tipped. The lowest was pool cleaners and fence builders, who only had 18 per cent of a chance of receiving a tip.
In terms of how much someone should be tipped, it wasn’t much, with the lowest being six dollars and the highest being $25.
So, what home service professions got the biggest tips on average? Here is a rundown:
- Painters, when they got a tip, typically got on average $25. Of course, only 24 per cent actually get tips.
- The next closest is movers, with $17 on average for a tip. They were also one of the most likely to get a tip, with 26 per cent saying they tip movers.
- Fence builders were the least likely to get a tip, but when they did it was $15, the third highest among the professions.
- Plumbers were also unlikely to get a tip, with 19 per cent saying they should get one, but they did receive $17 on average for a tip.
- Maids were one of the most likely to get a tip with 28 per cent saying yes, but their tip amount was only $12 on average.
- Snow shovelers and pool cleaners didn’t get much in terms of tips, with only $10 on average.
- Lawn mowers and window washers didn’t receive anything over six dollars on average.
Powered by Froala Editor